US HealthConnect, Inc. Notice at Collection
US HealthConnect, Inc.
Notice at Collection
This Notice only applies to the Services identified above. Other sites, apps and other online locations may have their own privacy policies or notices which apply instead of this Notice, and you should consult those accordingly.
This Notice is effective as of April 13, 2021.
Collection of Personal Data
Personal data (“Personal Data”) is generally defined as information that, by itself or in combination with other information, may be able to identify you or could reasonably be associated with you, your household or your accounts.
We may collect Personal Data from Users who voluntarily provide such information in a variety of ways on or through the Sites, Apps and/or other Services. For example, Users may be asked for Personal Data including:
- Contact Information such as your name, practice name, phone number, email address or mailing address;
- Professional Information like your practice name, office address, other business information or national provider identifier (NPI) number, area of expertise, and the professional education courses and other resources you use, attend or participate in through the Services; and/or
- Payment Information including your credit/debit card number or other financial information.
Additionally, USHC may collect inferences about USHC content we think may be of interest to you based on your apparent preferences from the categories of Professional Information we collect about you.
The voluntarily provided Personal Data summarized above is collected from you whenever you:
- visit our Sites or use our Apps or interact with our other Services;
- register an account on the Sites or Apps;
- register for an event;
- subscribe to a newsletter;
- respond to a survey;
- fill out a form;
- order training services or materials;
- create a username and password (or security question and answer); and/or
- seek information in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on or through the Services.
USHC may collect some of your Contact Information and Professional Information from pharmaceutical companies that provide us with physician level data (PLD), which we then use to track the content you listen to and/or view on or through the Services. The pharmaceutical companies that provide us with your PLD may receive Professional Information about any USHC courses you attend or other Services you use as a result of this process. This exchange of PLD and other Professional Information may result in you receiving advertising content that is based on the USHC content you listen to and/or view, and other Services you use.
Users can always refuse to supply Personal Data, except that doing so may prevent Users from engaging in certain activities or content related to the Services.
Web browser cookies
When you access certain areas of the Sites or Apps, or interact with USHC advertising Services provided on our Sites and Apps or through third-party websites or online properties, USHC or third parties we work with may collect Personal Data or other information from you in an automated manner. When you visit the Sites or use the Apps or interact with an advertisement made available by USHC, for example, USHC or third parties we work with may automatically collect certain Device Information about your computer, browser or device that includes information such as your IP address, time zone, the web pages you accessed on our Sites or at certain third-party websites or online locations, the link that led you to USHC’s applicable Services, and some of the cookie identifiers that are installed on your device. USHC will treat such Device Information as Personal Data to the extent such Device Information is reasonably capable of identifying a particular individual.
Audience identification tool.
We use an audience identification tool supplied by the Healthcare Communications Network℠, of which we are a member. More information on this Network is provided below under “Processing by third-party service providers.” A digital tag (e.g. a pixel) may be embedded in emails to you from us or the Healthcare Communications Network℠ which allows us to identify you and your Personal Data, to the extent such Personal Data is in our possession or the Network’s possession, when you visit or use our Services.
How we use collected information
We may collect and use Users’ Personal Data and other information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To prevent unauthorized access to and use of the Services: Your registration information will be used to safeguard your account.
- To enroll in an event: We may use order information to process the enrollment of Users in a meeting or event.
- To personalize User experience: We may use information to provide Users with advertising and other content on the Sites and Apps or through other Services on third-party websites or online properties that is tailored to your interests based on USHC courses you attend or how you interact with other Services.
- To monitor and improve how Users interact with the Services: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how certain groups of Users interact with the Services.
- To process any forms you complete and submit through the Services: We will use such submitted information for the purposes described in connection with any specific form the User completes.
- To send training services or materials: If a User submits an order or request for such training services or materials, we will use the submitted information to send these to the User.
- To perform internal operations related to the Services: We may use your Personal Data for fraud prevention, to troubleshoot software issues and operational problems, conducting data analysis and testing; and/or
- To send periodic emails or mail: We may use the email address and postal addresses to send Users information and updates based on the information Users provide us. We may also use email or mail to respond to User inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. A User will receive emails or mail which may include company news, updates, related product or service information, as well as information from third parties with whom we or our affiliated entities do business.
USHC may use third-party service providers which collect and aggregate information to analyze how Users move around the Services, in order to optimize the performance of the Services.
When you visit and interact with the Sites or Apps, certain third parties may get access to certain information about you as referenced above, such as your Device Information, Professional Information and PLD, for the purpose of providing you online advertising personalized to your interests based on your browsing behavior. To the extent any of this sharing or third-party access may be considered a “sale” of your Personal Data under applicable privacy laws and regulations, you may have the right to opt-out of sharing for targeted advertising purposes by clicking here